Philosophy and Mission
Statement of School Philosophy and Mission
The faculty and staff of Good Shepherd Catholic School are committed to providing a strong Catholic education grounded in the principles of Faith, Hope and Charity. We are inspired by Christ’s call to holiness…you shall be holy, for I am holy (1 Peter 1:16).
In partnership with Good Shepherd Parish, our focus is to provide an environment stressing spiritual growth, educational success, psychological and social stability and physical health, providing a sense of well being of mind, body and spirit.
Building on our multi-cultural heritage and the teaching mission of the Church, faculty and staff are inspired to integrate instruction, culture and faith. We foster a sincere kinship with Christ and therefore each other, as we teach the fundamentals of our faith and build a solid academic foundation.
We recognize each child as a unique individual with special gifts and creative abilities who grows and learns through friendly interchange among students of diverse cultures.
Parents are paramount in the education of their children. Together we work to facilitate the development of the whole person as a dwelling place for Christ and an asset to his or her community.
School-Wide Learning Expectations
A Good Shepherd Student is:
A FAITH-FILLED CATHOLIC WHO:
- Practices Christian values at home, at school and in the community
- Develops a personal relationship with God through prayer
- Expresses knowledge of church teachings by living the Gospel and attending Church regularly
- Models charity and integrity
AN ACTIVE LEARNER WHO:
- Employs a variety of strategies to solve problems and make decisions
- Uses effective study habits
- Exhibits a positive attitude toward learning
- Demonstrates technological competence
A SELF-AWARE INDIVIDUAL WHO:
- Displays positive self-esteem and motivation
- Maintains an emotionally and physically healthy lifestyle
- Works cooperatively with others
- Appreciates the fine arts and expresses creativity
A PERSON OF CHARACTER WHO:
- Communicates effectively
- Respects people and earth as God’s creation
- Celebrates diversity
- Shows good sportsmanship