Religious education, in the Roman Catholic tradition, is an integral part of the curriculum. Our children learn and practice values through the “Character Counts” Program. Schoolwide Learning Expectations are posted throughout the school.
Good Shepherd supports what parents teach at home. During the school day, we continue and extend what parents strive to accomplish with their children – to instill the values of achieving academic excellence, learning right from wrong, respecting themselves and others, and forging friendships that can last a lifetime.
We achieve this by creating dynamic learning communities that focus on educating the whole child. You can find comfort in knowing that you are providing your child with the best possible start in life.
Schoolwide Learning Expectations (SLE’s)
A FAITH-FILLED CATHOLIC WHO:
- Practices Christian values at home, at school and in the community
- Develops a personal relationship with God through prayer
- Expresses knowledge of church teachings by living the Gospel and attending Church regularly
- Models charity and integrity
AN ACTIVE LEARNER WHO:
- Employs a variety of strategies to solve problems and make decisions
- Uses effective study habits
- Exhibits a positive attitude toward learning
- Demonstrates technological competence
A SELF-AWARE INDIVIDUAL WHO:
- Displays positive self-esteem and motivation
- Maintains an emotionally and physically healthy lifestyle
- Works cooperatively with others
- Appreciates the fine arts and expresses creativity
A PERSON OF CHARACTER WHO:
- Communicates effectively
- Respects people and the earth as God’s creation
- Celebrates diversity
- Shows good sportsmanship